Форум Красноярского интернет-магазина детских игрушек и товаров для детей "БАБОНЯ"

Обсуждение игрушек, отзывы, детская одежда, товары для детей, развитие, общение родителей, совместные покупки
Текущее время: 17 ноя 2018, 05:07

Часовой пояс: UTC + 8 часов

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: How do I sell a painting?
СообщениеДобавлено: 05 июн 2018, 22:11 

Hi,

Around 8 or 9 years ago when I was single (and before my Boglehead days), I bought a 9k painting from an art store. This painting is an original oil on canvas painting by a European artist (and yes he's still alive) and it sits over my fireplace in the living room.
I have been with my wife for 6 years now, and she absolutely hates the painting....she wants to sell it. I don't have a real problem with this as I'm sure I could find something else to put up over the fireplace that looks nice and is a lot cheaper; however, I have NO IDEA how to go about selling a painting. I also have no idea what I could sell it for. Even though art is supposed to appreciate (from what I've heard), I'm guessing I'd probably take a loss on this thing.
I called the art store where I purchased the painting and they said they'd take it back but that they would only give me a store credit for the amount to be used towards another, more expensive painting. I don't want to go this route so I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115599
Motion graphics Video service

Thank you.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 8 часов